Monday, April 26, 2010

Amazing Trip to LA

Hey everyone!

Sorry its been so long since the last post. I've been super busy. I finished up AM and took a trip to LA and as always, Ive been animating! While I was down there I got to hang out with some amazing animators and AMers. One of the many people I got to hang out with was Daniel Klug. Awesome guy and super talented animator. If you've never seen his stuff check it out here:

So I wanted to share some awesome pictures from my trip and some of the stories of hanging out with some great people. Hopefully they could serve as inspiration to others. I know I'm always inspired by pictures from inside the studios.



This last one is where all of the DW employees get to eat! Crazy!!! And the food is delicious... and free! An awesome friend of mine brought me in for some lunch and showed me around the campus. I got to see the animation floor and I got to meet the rest of the Speaking of Animation guys! Thanks Adam!! I had a blast, and was totally inspired.


I also got to go to Disney Inspire Days. An amazing even put on by Disney where a bunch of students get to get together from different schools and tour the studio and hear from some of the employees.
Here I am with a bunch of other AMers at Disney! Whoo! (From left to right) Justin Rochon, Miurika Valery, Joe Miranda, Wes Storhoff (in the back), Me, Jesse Colucci, Lamont Hunt, and Casey McDermott. Sorry if I misspelled any names :) I had a blast with these guys!
I also got to go in for a personal visit with the help of my good friend Malcon. He brought up me and fellow AMer Leon Gittens. Then the three of us went and hung out with my friend and rock star mentor, Chad Sellers! I hadn't seen him in a while so it was awesome catching up with him. Haning out on the animation floor was cooler than I can explain in words. And I got to see Andreas Deja and Bruce Smith walk by Chads office! Awesome seeing those guys in person, even though I didnt get to speak to them.
I also got to meet one of Disney's fix animators, Michael, and he showed me what kind of things he does. Such an awesome job for those of us who dont have much experience. It looked like a ton of fun and he was a super funny guy.
Lastly to end the trip I got in touch with an animator at R&H and me and him went out to lunch. I didnt get any pictures, although I dont know why. He was by far one of the nicest guys Ive ever met! We had a great lunch talking about life and of course animation! Thanks Phil!
Thats about it. I hope I didnt bore you, but I had a blast! Im sure you could tell just by the amount of times I said "awesome" in this post. haha
Amazing trip, and I thank everyone I got to hang out with for being so generous with their time.
Talk later :)
Matt

3 comments:

  1. Looks like an awesoem trip!

    Happy to have stumbled across your blog! You have some amazing work

    Keep on keepin on

    ReplyDelete
  2. man how did I miss the photo shoot, hows it going, see you in a couple of weeks, I need to get my siggraph ticket, what day are you going?

    ReplyDelete