Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Hey Everyone! Sorry I've been away for so long...but, I've got great news! A lot of it!

Earlier this month I got married! The picture below is me and my beautiful new wife! It was a perfect wedding at such an amazing location.

And here is our wedding cake! Yeah, thats right. Its Wall e! My wife told me to design it myself and thats what I came out with. Heres a little side note, my wife is not an animator, she's just that cool.

Then we went on an amazing and beautiful honeymoon in Mendocino, CA where we went kayaking in the ocean and mountain biking and wine tasting!
Then I got back and headed down to LA for Siggraph (first business-ish trip as a married man) and while I was down there I got to go on a tour of DreamWorks! It was so fun! Pictured below are me and a few other AM alumni. The coolest thing about that picture is that I am from America, to the left is Miurika from Venezuela, then Sean from the UK, then Tommi from Germany, and then Kristina from Australia! We had the whole world right there at that lunch table at DreamWorks! It was so fun and all of those people are super nice and incredibly talented!

Then I got back from LA and headed to SF for my AnimationMentor graduation! AMAZING!!! Best graduation I have ever been to. It was so entertaining and so much fun! Our commencement speaker was Lee Unkrich, the director or Toy Story 3!!!


During graduation we had an award ceremony. I won an award!!! I won Most Entertaining Video Reference! Oh man, thats embarrassing... but so awesome!


And last but certainly not least... I got a JOB!!!! This fall my wife and I will be moving to Auckland, New Zealand! I'll be joining the crew at Oktobor Animation! I'll be working on the Nickelodeon/DreamWorks animated TV series "The Penguins of Madagascar"!!! I can't wait to move to NZ and get started!


Thats it for now, but hopefully Ill be able to post more soon!
-Matt


1 comment: